The BluePrint Blog

Where Michigan fans get it in!

Alternate Uniforms: Michigan vs Florida

Home Forums The BluePrint Michigan Fan Forum Alternate Uniforms: Michigan vs Florida

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Derrick Ryan Derrick Ryan 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author
    Derrick Ryan
    Derrick Ryan
    Keymaster

Michigan’s potential alternate uniforms. Click to expand.

Michigan fans are buzzing following recent leaks of Maize colored jerseys with Blue numbers, apparently being sold at a Dick’s Sporting Goods store in Saginaw.  Pictures began circulating on social media, sometime yesterday including the image above. (EDIT: a picture has since been released on the Official Twitter Page for U of M football, posted below)

I’ve been a Michigan supporter and fan long enough to know that these will raise some eyebrows, as we have some serious traditionalists in our fan base.  I too scoffed at the idea of all-maize uniforms until I saw the pictures.

I actually like these!  They are sharp and other than the drastic color swap that seems to be aligned with the NFL/Nike Color Rush theme, they still have a traditional style without gaudy designs, stripes, or otherwise non-traditional markings.

What we fans must also consider is that Florida appears to be coming out in all blue uniforms with a white, or lighter colored helmet.  Michigan could have just come out with the typical road jerseys, but for a neutral site game, I like the change-up.

I can’t wait to see if the Wolverines really come decked out in this new look, and while I typically like the normal uniforms, I do like alternates from time to time.  Recruits do as well, and these are sure to catch some eyes.

That’s all for now, BluePrint Fans, I just wanted to get a quick update out there so we can get ready to support our a-maize-ing team!  Go Blue (Go Maize)!

Michigan fans are buzzing following recent leaks of Maize colored jerseys with Blue numbers, apparently being sold at a Dick’s Sporting Goods store in Saginaw.  Pictures began circulating on social media, sometime yesterday including the image above.  During press conferences today, the uniforms were confirmed, however we haven’t yet seen the official pictures as released from the University.

I’ve been a Michigan supporter and fan long enough to know that these will raise some eyebrows, as we have some serious traditionalists in our fan base.  I too scoffed at the idea of all-maize uniforms until I saw the pictures.

I actually like these!  They are sharp and other than the drastic color swap that seems to be aligned with the NFL/Nike Color Rush theme, they still have a traditional style without gaudy designs, stripes, or otherwise non-traditional markings.

What we fans must also consider is that Florida appears to be coming out in all blue uniforms with a white, or lighter colored helmet.  Michigan could have just come out with the typical road jerseys, but for a neutral site game, I like the change-up.

I can’t wait to see if the Wolverines really come decked out in this new look, and while I typically like the normal uniforms, I do like alternates from time to time.  Recruits do as well, and these are sure to catch some eyes.

That’s all for now, BluePrint Fans, I just wanted to get a quick update out there so we can get ready to support our a-maize-ing team!  Go Blue (Go Maize)!

Feel free to jump into the discussion by replying to this topic.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.